Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day Book


In celebration of Father's Day yesterday, I bought my father this adorable picture book by Kristy Dempsey. Instead of getting him a card this year, this story is acting as his card. I also, of course, got him his usual Bass Pro Shop gift card as well. We don't want a disappointed dad!

I think the elder bear is intended to be a grandfather, however one could interpret it as a father, uncle, grandfather or even a godfather. I have to admit I teared up a tiny bit reading it, especially on the page where she gets sick and he sits on her bed all night to make sure she's alright. I remembered when I was a kid my father used to sleep on my floor when I was sick and he was the only one I wanted rubbing my back when I had the flu. Love you dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment